You Make My Dreams
Beaches are scented with the dawn of Time. I stood on a thin line between land and drowning. Mermaid foam licked my toes. Ageless voices thundered in waves.
I only heard one voice.
When you said hello.
And I smiled a hi.
Water oozed through sand. It softened my heart.
Does a foolish man build his house upon sand?
I staked my claim along the whimsy of the in between. Not land. Or water. A place where I could hear you. Even if it meant parting waves. Exploring forgotten places buried under rocks and seaweed. I held my breath until fireworks rocketed behind my eyes.
Did I die to find you? Isn’t that what we do, when we merge ourselves into another?
To many more decades and whatever comes beyond. I love you, MTM.
Pictures from Mystery Bay. Because it’s a mystery: Andra Watkins Tumblr
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)